Lessons are paid on or before the first of the month. Families will be emailed monthly invoices and can pay via Paypal using a major credit or debit card.
Lesson Prices are as follows;
Prime Time 2:00 pm – 7;30 pm EST Monday through Friday and Saturday 8:00 am EST or later.
30-minute lesson – $33.00
45-minute lesson – $49.50
60-minute lesson – $66.00
Of Peak – Before 1:00 pm EST (applies only to students who can continue off-peak during the school year.)
30-minute lesson – $28.00
45-minute lesson – $42.50
60-minute lesson – $56.00
Lesson times are subject to availability.
Piano Studio Policy 2023-24
I am making a few changes to my studio policy this coming school year. I was thinking of going to a flat monthly rate for lessons but that seemed to be too complicated. I also realize that things come up and having some flexibility is preferable.
That being said, my studio has grown quite a bit this year and I need to implement a few parameters and clarifications so that things can run smoothly.
The new policy will go into effect on September 1st. 2023.
Note: there is a small increase in lesson fees posted at the end of this document. I will also post the dates the studio will be closed and the recital dates.
- Texting is the best way to notify me of any minor issues, schedule changes, etc.
- If you have any other concerns, please call me, and leave a message. I will get back to you asap. (561) 779-5046
Cancellations and Make-ups
- Each student can cancel up to 3 lessons per school year 9/1 – 5/31 without being charged for the lesson. Please notify me as soon as you know you are going to be absent before the start of the lesson time.
- I will do my best to reschedule lessons that must be missed. (This is not always possible.) Send me a text and I will text you back with options for rescheduling a lesson if available.
- Lessons are always available online for convenience purposes or in the case of inclement weather or other unforeseen issues. Just send me a text before the start of the lesson.
- No-shows (lessons missed without notice or notice after the start time of the lesson) will be charged the regular fee for the lesson. (This will not count as a cancellation.)
- If I cancel a lesson, families do not pay for the lesson.
- If there are internet or Zoom issues preventing the lesson from taking place the lesson will be rescheduled.
- If I should have to be out of town lessons will continue for everyone online as scheduled. Students who normally take in-person lessons will receive the Zoom link.
- Summers (6/1/24 – 8/31/24) will remain flexible while lessons continue. Summer is a great time for students to boost their piano playing. I ask that students take as many lessons as possible over the summer and continue practicing. Students who miss more than 6 lessons over the summer may lose their spot in the studio in the fall.
- Payments are made through the My Music Staff App unless other arrangements are made.
- Invoices will be sent on the last day of each month and are due by the 5th. A $20 fee will be accessed for payments made after the 5th of the month.
- I will pause/discontinue lessons for students whose payments are more than 30 days overdue. (I will send multiple invoice reminders and notify families if their accounts are overdue.)
- For convenience and to avoid late payments, families can set up their accounts on autopay with the My Music Staff App.
Books and Materials
- I do my best to save families money on books and materials.
- Any of the music I publish is available to my students as part of their lesson tuition. There is also some public domain music available on the internet.
- It is illegal to violate copyright by making copies of music that is not in the public domain. This includes any books bought on Amazon or through other publishers, or any downloads from sites such as musicnotes.com or sheetmusicplus.com. Families will have to purchase these materials. I will provide the appropriate links.
Recitals and Performances
- Although I plan and pay for recital venues there are no additional fees for in-person or video recitals.
- Recitals are encouraged but not required. I reserve the option of not letting a student participate in a recital if I do not feel the student is ready to perform.
- Students are required to practice between lessons. I want to make sure everyone is making progress and that families are getting what they are paying for. If I feel a student is not making progress, I will let parents know and we will discuss what can be done to remedy the situation.
Lesson Rates 2023-24 Beginning September 1, 2023
Peak Time – 3:00 pm – 7:30 pm EST Monday through Friday and all day on Saturday
30-minute lesson ………………………. $33.00
45-minute lesson ………………………. $49.50
Off Peak – Before 2:00 pm EST depending on availability.
(Off Peak summer rates are available only to students who take off-peak lessons during the school year.)
30-minute lesson ……………………… $28.00
45-minute lesson ……………………… $42.00
The Studio will be closed on the following dates.
9/4/23 ……………………. Labor Day.
11/23 – 11/25/23…… Thanksgiving
12/23/23 – 1//2/24 …….… Winter Break
3/1/27/24……………….…. St. Patrick’s Day
5/27/24 …………………… Memorial Day
7/4/24…………………… Independence Day
- October 21, 2023, 6:30 pm at the Kawai Gallery in Beachwood.
- Holiday Videos are due December 8, 2023
- Holiday Online Recital Sunday, December 17, 2023, 6:30 pm (online.)
- May Recital TBA
- I may also add other performance dates.
For your free introductory lesson or to learn more,